Wednesday, March 13, 2013

In His Eyes is a DABWAHA competitor!

Very exciting news to share -- In His Eyes has made it to the final eight in the Category section of DABWAHA, the Dear Author Bitchery Writing Award for Hella Good Authors.


DABWAHA nominations come from Jane and Sarah from Dear Author and Smart Bitches, respectively. Being nominated is a total thrill, especially when I look at my fellow nominees, who are all authors who rock my socks off.

But saying that is not really in the spirit of DABWAHA. You see, bartering, bribing and vote mongering are all kind of acceptable in this comp. And it is not only traditional, but expected, that you will totally trash-talk your opponents on any and all social media platforms available.

The virtual eye-scratching and hair-pulling has already begun thanks to Sarah Mayberry, out of the gate early with her trashy twittering. She's awesome like that -- so sweet and helpful and...

Oh dear, I don't know that I'm going to be so good at this whole trash-talking thing...

However I will be asking for your help voting for me. Voting opens 19 March, so stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your nomination. No, I don't think you'll be very good at the trashy talk. I'll keep an eye out for when the voting opens. Good Luck Emmie and enjoy the fun of this competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I think I'm going to have to practice getting nasty... ;)

      Delete