Monday, June 4, 2012

Inspirational quote to start the week

Source
This is from Rainer Maria Rilke's book "Letters to a Young Poet":

I beg you, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don’t search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.

Feeling a little like my life is full of questions and very few answers right now, so I found this quite heartwarming. I'm going to spend the rest of this week trying to live it -- to be more comfortable with the questions and feel confident the answers will come when they are meant to.

(With thanks to Brain Pickings for bringing it to my attention -- one of my "must read" sites at the moment.)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Emmie, I love this. It reminds us not to worry and fret over the what might be/why isn't it/may never happen stuff. Projecting, in the effort to find answers, can be such a destructive activity. There's something so calm about acceptance of what IS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise. You're absolutely right and it seems to be the message of so many gurus and self-help books. I guess I really like the way this quote expresses that same idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's been a crazy time all right :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That it has, Ebs. That it has.

    ReplyDelete